Today I attended an online seminar from "The Energy Project" - a pleasant reminder to set goals, and to make time for important but non-urgent stuff. Making sure the non-squeaky wheels get greased, so you can roll towards big things you want to accomplish.
Afterwards I took a few moments, sequestered myself in an ngmoco:) conference room, and assessed my progress through life thus far.
- Survived family suicide, business failure, divorce
- Learned to be a decent lover, host and accomplice
- Created a crazy thing online
- Experienced minor fame
- hosted TV
- Published a well-received book
- Rubbed brains with deeply smart folks
- studied to a Graduate level
- Lived abroad, widely traveled
- Home ownership
- Had an idea, raised money, started and ran a company as CEO
- Connecting and empowering people
- Expressing myself
- Sharing what I have learned
- Becoming a father with a good mother
- Saving money
- Learning how to organize and motivate global high-tech knowledge workers
- Growing older
- Dating a young positive creative woman
Here's a picture of myself for context - where I work, and the frumpy expression on my face as I was using my computer.