He Wrote Letters.
- sixteen 11/14/99
- Sixteen years after he died finds me still alive.
- in a civil tone 11/14/95
- I am trying to take on a more civil tone with my father these days.
- mistguided 11/23/94
- Angered musing over my father's suicide, particularly his note, prompted by my Grandmother's telling me that she heard I was the last one to speak with him before he died.
- legacy 11/14/94
- Long, angered musing over my father's suicide, particularly his legacy, prompted by the 11th anniversary of his death.
- At a Birthday Party for a Dead Man 2/3/94
- Poem written about my Dad two days before his 69th birthday. Dig that funky structure!
- Search for Father 12/8/93
- An early consideration of his life, and my identity as distinct from him. Heck - everything the title inspires.
- Dinner with my Father 11/30/92
- During my junior year in high school, I explored what it would be like to go to Dinner with my Father.
- untitled 6/22/92
- Putting myself in his velour home lounge wear on a late weekend nite.
- Holiness 7/1/91
- One of my first poems about my dad, if not the first. Inspired by the picture to the left. Click on it - check out that facial expression.
- He bears a passing resemblance to Richard Cory
my father | life |
justin's links by justin hall: contact