these are links I collected from 1994 to about 1995 or 1996. So if they actually work, well, woah!
all of these are fascinating people but these links are from the mid-1990s and most don't work
The mess of information available on the web would be harder to peruse without unique personalities, guides, to help you find your find your way down their path of perspective. These people offer their own, unique perspective, or maybe they're just good stopping points along the way.
These people are the freestyle newspapers of the Internet
Zola's Home Page is almost too long, if it weren't so commentated, and artfully rendered. Personal reflection, web wandering and endearing wit. Check it - she's got some great links.
I've met some of bianca's trolls
Howard Rheingold is a man with a plan - and tons of good friends. He's making a magazine of his web site.
Joi is the most well connected person I know.
- A guy who claims "I spend so much time on the Internet that I now store a backup of 25% of my personality on a hard drive." The result is a flashy collection of "cool links" and a well engineered Bob promotion device. Check out Bob(c) Web to see if you think Bob is worth all the hype.
- There's a guy in Germany who has a site somewhat similar to mine, the Hater's Page. While he doesn't have much commentary up here, he does have quite a few cool links. This guy is a good web surfer - he had a link to my page. That and some nice graphics and forms knock this page up a notch above a regular home page.
- They may sound institutional, but UnderWorld Industries The Web's Edge is a web institution in the best possible sense. Includes the ever-popular What's Hot and Cool page - a good quick glance at just that on the web
- One of the elders of the World Wide Web, and the first person to check out my homepage still has his fantastic site up. Ranjit's Playground has plenty of links to Ranjit's cool web friends, and links to online art stuff. I think he's gotten a little busier than he used to be though - cobwebs are beginning to form.
- Other ezines are great repositories of personality, and a good way to surf the net. Joe Germuska has a great page of ezines
- For a kitchen centered kitzschey craft commotion center, visit the Weird Al inspired Spatula City. Features the original and unrelenting Cyberstare contest, series of spatula.
- Billed as Notre Dame's Hip Underground WWW Server, the Orange Room offers a couple of cool collections in its Toy Box, including a compilation of those "50 things..." lists and other stuff you've probably gotten three copies of via chain email, daily digitized songs (definitly eclectic, with more than a couple early eighties gems), and the Internet Candy Dish - a keen example of Internet kitsch-o-phelia
- I can't find her name anywhere on her web pages (missing on purpose?), but whatever. This woman provides a great list of Assorted WWW spots. She has a good eye for the weird and for the quality sites out there. I have found quite a few gems at this site.
- Andrew Tong Presents: Werdna's Page - an eye for the weird and lots o' web connections (personal and virtual) make this page a winner.
- With an apropriate title, Depth Probe try to mine out some neat net gems for your perusing pleasure
- I have already billed him on my worship on the web page, for his OJ Simpson site, but he warrants a mention on this page - he seems like someone with presence potential. It's too bad he's on such a tight site - slow as hell. definitely has a wicked wit waiting to be released on the web. He has a great collection of images online, among the OJ pix are twisted and dangerous pictures of twisted and dangerous people.
- Scott Yanoff's List of Special Internet Connections - check it out if you're havin' some trouble findin' what you need on the net.
- With a lot of very slick graphics and some big ideas, Big Time Television has the start of an interesting net page up. Amidst their claims of being the server for the chronically ahead of their time is some intersting hypertext writing stuff.
- Comin' from Ranjit's same school of wacky web creation is The Universe of Discourse - there's stuff here you won't see anywhere else.
- How popular this word underground! Visit the Underground Home Page, which has begun providing space for some interesting and offbeat acts and groups to put their stuff online. Includes a lot of music stuff, and the Un-Cabaret, comedy on the Internet with film and audio clips. A definite feeling of unpolished freshness about this place.
- From the people that brought you talk.bizarre: the RoadKill Server offers a web wide view of the bizarre online (once you get through their personal promotional propoganda)
- Quality home paging: Beej's Home Page
- These people piss me off. They have repeatedly taken shit directly from my pages, and they have this "we are the alternative" attitude that doesn't jibe with the fact that they reside on the Internet Marketing Inc. pages. That coupled with their hype to content ratio makes this a pretty useless site. Cyber-Sight - if you can tell me why they deserve a better review, please let me know.
- Get your daily dose of attitude at the Wild World of Ponce de Leon - he claims "I am the shit" - see for yourself.
- Portal Nexus - surfing with lots of horrific overtones and related resources
Back to Links from the Underground
This page and all its contents Copyright 1994 Justin Hall. All rights reserved. Contact me with any questions you might think of, permissions you might want, or problems you may have.
Yer Mama Net Productions / Justin Hall / <firstname.lastname@example.org>