How did I get started on the web?I first saw the internet in 1988 and wrote about it in 1991.
In December 1993, as a freshman in college, I was inspired to explore web by this article by John Markoff,
artifacts:early 1994 version of my web page
oldest bio, post-wired bio, more current bio
after my site grew from just pure links to more self-awareness, after wired, i developed my own masthead and later developed a more elaborate "about this site" section
early comments and visitors.
this was my primary table of contents back then:
(dated versions of these links lay in /www/)
Table o' content:
- Most people seem to come to my pages for the sexy stuff
- A page of Nifty Net Nuggets includes:
- The anything-goes attitude prevalent on the web has resulted in a large number of Anarchy/Lawlessness/Tastelessness pages
- Sites that just don't seem to fall on any other pages are deemed Random Weirdness
- Any community breeds its own culture, ours, born of white male weenies at terminals, is a peticularly strange one. Internet Culture
- Internet kitsch-o-phelia is on display at Culture At-Large
- Weird Perspectives and Personalities on the Web
- Worship on the Web - Cult Figures and Spirituality
- Engage the web with these Interactive Endeavors
- I am proud to present my pondorous Politix Page, which pokes phun at politicians
- net.news - News feeds, past and current events, and overviews of it all.
- For the latest in law, my Legal Beat
- Rough though it may be, it is what I am: the Web Publishers page
- I have coordinated some Commercial Connections
- Oscillate your oculars over my Eye Candy page
- Featuring the fabulous listing of Music Resources on the Net
- Announcing the amazing: Links to the Literary
- Feeling those isolated terminal blues? Connect to a Community!
- Looking for anything on the web? Try Links to Lists and Lists of Links pinpoints pages that will aid your search.
- I have one or two Science sites that are worth checking out